ARE YOU A POTTER OR A RETAILER FOR CONTEMPORY ARTS & CRAFTS STYLE POTTERY?
The Contemporary Art Pottery Collectors Association (CAPCA) is a 501c3 organization that is comprised of contemporary art pottery collectors, whose primary interest is in the Arts & Crafts genre. Our mission is to expand the public’s awareness of contemporary Arts & Crafts pottery and support this art form with charitable and scholarship donations.
Recently, our membership decided to expand our collecting scope. As part of this expansion, we are reaching out to artists and retailers, whose business is involved with contemporary art pottery that is considered to be in the ‘Arts & Crafts’ genre; pottery that is inspired by nature, both realistic and stylized or architectural-inspired.
If you believe your pottery or business meets the description above, you may print out Artist or Retail membership application by clicking on link below. Once your application is received, it will be reviewed by our Membership Committee. If they determine that your pottery or affiliated business would be a good fit with C.A.P.C.A., they will recommend you to the C.A.P.C.A. Board of Directors and you will be sent a letter of invitation to become either an Artist or Retail member.
When you decide to become an Artist member you will:
- Have access to our collectors website; participate in the collector forum, have your show schedule be listed on our ‘Upcoming Events’ website listing, possibly have photos of your pottery used on our home page of the website and post photos of your work on our photo page for members to see
- Be listed in our quarterly newsletter as well as qualify to advertise in our quarterly newsletter
- Invitation to participate in Association events, to include: Annual Convention, Silent Auctions , invitation to be selected to produce a Scholarship piece or other fundraising opportunities each year, where the Association commissions Artist members to produce pottery items whose sale profits are used for art student scholarships and CERF+ donations.
When you decide to become a Retail member you will:
- Have access to our collector website and be able to participate in the collector forum
- Be listed in our quarterly newsletter and qualify to advertise in our quarterly newsletter
- Possibly, be invited to participate in Association events, including our Convention. We also have several fundraising opportunities each year, where the Association may give your business the opportunity to donate items whose sale profits are used for art student scholarships and CERF+ (craft emergency relief fund) donations.
Please submit your application materials to the address listed on the application. Please email any questions that you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAPCA Membership Committee
Consider joining our association and share your work with our group of collectors.